About the programme
This programme gives opportunities for service-learning to foreign students, generating income and offering services in SHAWCO Centres, clinics and projects during vacations when UCT students are not available. This is done in partnership with a growing number of universities globally.
Accommodation – SHAWCO owns a guest house conveniently situated near UCT which accommodates foreign students on the International
what’s in it for you?
- An increased exposure to the clinical setting and learning
- An opportunity to provide basic health screening to patients who otherwise may not receive it
- An opportunity to work with fellow students and doctors
- An opportunity for personal & professional growth
- An increased exposure to patients from different cultures
Working together towards informed, healthy and thriving communities.
To practise and promote responsible citizenship in the South African context through health, education and social entrepreneurship initiatives.
How to get involved?
1) Read the Application Guide below
2) Once you have read through this document, please click on the SHAWCO sign up link below and complete the survey in order to be added to our database of international students:
3) Download and fill in the Indemnity Form below
4) Download and fill in Form 8 below if you wish to register with the HPCSA (optional)
5) Email the above-mentioned forms and proof of payment to email@example.com
All details for SHAWCO Accommodation can be found on our Facebook Page: The link to the page is: http://fb.me/ShawcoHouse
Any more questions?
Head of the International Portfolio – Cameron Joseph
Alternatively, you can contact SHAWCO’s International coordinator Lungisa Mzizana at firstname.lastname@example.org